Ricardo Vergueiro Fernandes Costa
Economics (04); or
Portuguese (18); or
Mathematics Applied to Social Sciences (17).
Publication in the Official Gazette
Accreditation of the Study Program
Accredited for 6 years
The degree in Business and International Trade focuses on the study of business and trade issues, with a special emphasis on its international component, typical of the historical period in which we live - the era of globalization. The dynamics and accelerated change of the global market - in the most diverse sectors of activity - poses increasing competitive challenges to companies, which justify and demand a more advanced qualification of their human resources. The syllabus of this course was designed to allow its students to know the main realities of commercial, financial, marketing and communication management; to know the different markets, namely in terms of risk assessment, opportunities and geo-economic dynamics; to know and make strategic and operational decisions to enter foreign markets; to develop capabilities to implement specific policies regarding products, pricing, supply chain and international communication; to know and apply techniques and instruments to support international negotiation and logistics, as well as electronic commerce. Graduates will be able to support diverse types of organizations in their management of the increasingly complex and risky challenges posed by globalization. In parallel, the course also intends to promote interest in innovation and in developing new ideas and businesses, providing students with opportunities for collaboration in applied research projects.
Professional opportunities and employability
The degree in Business and International Trade aims to train professionals who are qualified to perform, in particular, the following tasks:
- Management of sales teams or commercial departments oriented towards international markets;
- Management of contacts and partnerships with foreign entities, (clients, suppliers, government agencies or credit institutions);
- Specialized consultancy in the area of international trade development;
- Management of logistical, forwarding and customs activities;
- Intervention in the social sector, in associations of producers, cooperatives or non-governmental organizations, which operate in the international market;
- Development of actions to promote national production, such as participation in international fairs, business missions, events and exhibitions of products and services.
What makes this course different?
The degree in Business and International Trade at IPMAIA provides a full professional and personal development for students, enhanced by the academic relationship with highly qualified teachers, with a strong connection to the world of organizations and companies, in the context of an excellent Academic Campus. National students will be able to contact with colleagues from different nationalities, cultures and visions, and may also benefit from incentives for international exchange programs.